Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Google Street View Vehicle at Hollyhock on El Centro Avenue

Can You See Me Now?
Traveling down El Centro Avenue, near the eight-hundred block, I snapped this shot of a Google Street View vehicle.


Notice the red ball on top, looking a lot like a soccer (rest of the world: football) ball. I had hopes that the driver would return to his car and I could get my image onto Google Maps, somehow or other. That didn't happen, so you, my adoring public will have to wait.


In the background of this photo is the former Hollyhock Orphans Home where as a child, Norma Jean Mortenson, AKA Marylin Monroe lived. Hollyhock was eventually converted in a magnet school for the Los Angeles school district.


All photos on the Rounder's pages can be enlarged by clicking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment