Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Theater of Note and the Note on the Theater Cahuenga Blvd + Bonus

Today is a cloudless, sunny, spectacularly beautiful winter's day in L.A. - If you have read this 'blog for any length of time you know I'm not the greatest fan of Los Angeles, but today (today's weather) surpasses petty problems.


Hollywood On A Perfect Day
This is the Hollywood sign from in the intersection of El Centro Avenue and Selma Avenue. I'm standing in the El Centro southbound lane and using the full zoom. Where I am standing is approximately 2.4 miles (3.8 KM)  from the sign "as the crow flies".


The Theatre of Note is on Cahuenga Blvd. They have been there for a lot longer than the current crop of in-spots, nightclubs, restaurants and assorted tattoo parlors.


I cannot help but find the name of this theater a tad odd. First, they spell theater with the English usage of: theatre. I cannot pronounce the tre as a sound, so I spell it in American English. I can say: ter without difficulty. Second: Using Note in their name reminds me of Post-It notes, so I planted a note on their Theatre and hope they 'get' my joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment