Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Sunday's in Hollywood




This lady I photographed while she was instructing her help on how to display her clothing in the storefront window. Hollywood Blvd. between Vine & Cosmo, south side.



On the right, a snapshot of the forthcoming JuicyBurger. This is the second "burger shop" to open within the last 6 months. Cahuenga Blvd. now has 8 to 12 restaurants on it. Three or four are 'burger palaces". I am incredulous that Hollywood, from a culinary perspective, loves hamburgers. Just why that is I cannot say. In 1978 I was visiting Chicago Illinois. There, while flânant Michigan Avenue, I espied the Artist's Cafe.





That day, the Lunch Special was ground beef à la mode Hollywood. I laughed my head off and have never forgotten that place. All these years later, the Artist's Cafe is still there. Whether they have a 'burger blue-plate-special I cannot say. But at least they "get" Hollywood.


Speaking of Chicago. The Pantages has a revival of the eponymously named Broadway smash hit. It is on from April 20th to May 9th. If any of my reader's are in town at that time, there is an opportunity to see Broadway in Hollywood.
















The Fine Arts Building
412 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
Tel 312.939.7855



















All photos on the Rounder's pages can be enlarged by clicking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment