Sunday, August 16, 2009

District 9 -- The View From Hollywood

Here is The Hollywood Rounder's ticket to District 9. I have some exterior shots of the Chinese Theater, too and will post them soon enough. I was at the opening day show in Hollywood. There was an earlier, 11:00 a.m., viewing, but that's too early for your Rounder to be up and about. If you don't live near Los Angeles, you can expect to pay less than $9.00 for a ticket. The DLP designation means that the film was shown using Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing system.

I did not actually have or receive a "Chinese Complex". I neither got nor gave anyone the "flu". That means that this theater is a multi-plex. I believe they have 6 screens not including the auditorium I sat in. The interior of the Chinese is quite gaudy, yet spectacularly pretty.

Overall I liked this film. I do have one cavil, however, I had a difficult time making out some of the dialog. Maybe it was just me that day, maybe the sound system pumps out too much bass, but I could not understand what was being said some of the time. Maybe the South African accented English is inaccessable to me.

All photos on the Rounder's pages can be enlarged by clicking them.