Sunday, April 12, 2009

The former CENTRAL CASTING at Hollywood & Western

This is Central Casting. The most Art Deco of all of Hollywood's buildings. Rather than give details, I will give you a link to the buildings history.

The Story of Hollywood

After the building became derelict, about 25 years ago, it sat empty. Eventually, the City (Los Angeles) put tax dollars into it and re-habbed it to a point where it would be usable. And for a while it held (disgust, yuk!) a DMV (for my foreign friends that is the Department of Motor Vehicles, where you go to get a driver's license.) After that, there was a clothing store that was there maybe a year or two and then it was gone and once again, the building is vacant and unused.

The sky was overcast on the day I took this pic. I'll repost a better one the next time I get into that area.

All photos on the Rounder's pages can be enlarged by clicking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment