Monday, April 30, 2012

It Used To Be A Big Lots! or Pic 'n Save

The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences (AMPAS) has acquired the building and grounds to the immediate north of the Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study. The property is a former Pic 'n Save (now called Big Lots! - exclamation mark required). Whether the AMPAS has taken the entire block I cannot say just yet. This is the same block on which the Kentucky Fried Chicken purpose built building was torn down. I have photos from a number of angles. The palm trees are new plantings, quite well developed and obviously very expensive. It reminds me of a walkway. The construction worker I asked about this said it is an amphitheater. I don't see a place for such, so maybe he's misinformed, but he looked like he knew what he was speaking about.










1 comment: