Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trompe-l'œil Art Deco Apartment Building in Hollywood

Trompe-l'œil
I've posted about this apartment building before. When I first saw it, I thought: "No Way!" but it has finally been completed. So I was quite pleasantly surprised to see that the south facade of the building is being painted to look like a proscenium arched stage. The curtains are being pulled back from the right side of the stage, and you, dear audience, can now see the show. Notice the painter in the upper left corner finishing the illusion. This is the first piece of Trompe-l'œil I've ever seen in Hollywood. In the foreground is a parking lot that once was a nightclub Basque where Lindsay Lohan celebrated a birthday. It burned down under mysterious circumstances and was never rebuilt. I'm somewhat incredulous that what replaced the club was a parking lot. 




All photos on the Rounder's pages can be enlarged by clicking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment