Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Hop, Skip and a Jump along Hollywood -- part 9


The Hillview Apartments. This photo shows a vastly remodeled building that was close to being derelict for a decade or longer. The frontage is on Hollywood Blvd. between Hudson Ave. and Whitley Avenue. That neighborhood was long a haven for drug dealers in the 1960s. In Hillviews favor, the Boulevard has, little by little, gotten rid of those problems. There are still too many tatoo parlors and crime isn't non-existent, but it's much better than it was in the past. This building is of the art deco period on it's exterior. I've not seen the interior. Given the location along the Boulevard, which is both noisy and touristy, I wouldn't want to live there. Better to see some buildings up Whitley and along Franklin Av. for a residence.

LEASING OFFICE
6533 HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD, SUITE 102
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA 90028
323 464 4140 T
323 337 0085 F
info@hillviewhollywood.com

2 comments:

  1. Great shot Mark, very unique apt building, I really enjoyed my visit to your blog, I will return.

    Cheers!
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every image you show to me is like looking onto a film set. For you it's part of the furnuture I suppose.

    ReplyDelete